There is nothing I hate more than when I have spent ages doing my makeup then I come to apply mascara and it just clumps up like a bit spidery mess! It is impossible then to remove it without destroying your eye makeup so you have to just make do with clumpy lashes. does anyone else feel like this? Here are 5 tips for you are applying your mascara to avoid those spider leg lashes!
1. Comb through your lashes first. Use a spoolie to brush the lashes through first this will separate the lashes so they don't stick together when you apply the mascara.
2. Curl your lashes. I find this makes a massive difference as is it not only lifts them, it makes all the lashes face and lie all the same way. If the lashes are crossing over each other or facing different ways they clump together a lot more when you apply the mascara.
3. Wipe the mascara wand before you apply. This is one of the most important things I do. Use a tissue to wipe off excess mascara before you apply so you don't apply too much straight away.
4. Apply multiple coats straight away. Try to avoid applying more coats when the mascara has dried, apply multiple coats straight after each other to build up to what you want. If you wait until it has dried the lashes will already be set in that position therefore applying more mascara will only clump them together.
5. Any clumps you do get have a fresh spoolie on hand. If you apply your mascara and end up with way too much product on your lashes, you can brush through them with a fresh spoolie, which will remove any excess product and separate the lashes at the same time.
So there are a few tips I use when doing my mascara to avoid those annoying clumps, hope this help you.